Empal Daging and Sayur Kunci Bayam
Got the empal recipe from NCC but of course little bit modified here and there.
Empal Daging (Indonesian Beef Jerky)
- 500 gr beef meat without fat ( I used steak meat) thinly sliced
- 1.5 ltr water
- 4 tbs coriander powder
- 5 garlic mashed
- 2 shallots mashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cm ginger, bang with a hammer (to make it a little bit bruised )
- 50 gr Indonesian palm sugar
- oil for deep frying
- Boil the beef in the water and all the ingredients except the oil of course until tender approx 30 mins.
- Take the beef out from the broth and bang it with the hammer until its even thinner
- Put them back in the broth and continue boiling until half the broth is gone.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Sayur Kunci Bayam (Spinach with Finger Root Vegetable)
- 200 gr spinach
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 garlic thinly sliced
- 1 finger root
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 ltr water
- Cook water until its boiling, carrot, shallots, garlic, finger root, salt and sugar.
- When the carrot is done add spinach and turn off the heat.
- Serve with warm rice, empal daging, sambal ulek and krupuk.
1 comment to Empal Daging and Sayur Kunci Bayam
Copyright © 2013 www.whittycute.com : Just a thought - All Rights Reserved