For story do visit my photo blog here.
- 500 gr mascarpone
- 600 ml whipped cream
- 4 tbsp icing sugar (or to your taste, because I usually like it less sweet)
Coffee syrup :
- 250 ml strong espresso
- 100 ml tia maria or other coffee based liquor (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar – 1 big package of lady fingers – Cocoa powder to garnish
- Whipped cream with icing sugar until hard peak add mascarpone and mix well.
- In a 20cm springform arrange lady fingers on the bottom of the tin, sprinkle with lots of coffee syrup.
- Top with mascarpone whipped cream mix. Repeat the whole process until the top of the sprinform tin.
- Set aside in the fridge for an hour.
- Take out from the fridge and open the springform carefully.
- Arrange the rest of lady fingers around the tiramisu and put a nice ribbon to hold everything in place.
- Garnish the top with cocoa powder.
- When I mean sprinle with lots of coffee syrup then I mean lots until soaked because you don’t want your lady fingers to be dry.
- If you are in a hurry you can set it aside on the freezer for 15 minutes.
- The original recipe calls of egg yolk but I omit this altogether since I’m not very confident in cooking with raw egg, however I’ve always made my tiramisu this way and I never felt that I’m missing on anything.
- If you live in a tropical climate like Indonesia then use non dairy whipped cream and add 1tsb powder gelatine to your whipped cream mix to stabilize your whipped cream.
Source : Natural Cooking Club