For story do visit my photo blog here.
– 500 gr mascarpone
– 600 ml whipped cream
– 4 tbsp icing sugar (or to your taste, because I usually like it less sweet)
Coffee syrup :
– 250 ml strong espresso
– 100 ml tia maria or other coffee based liquor (optional)
– 1 tbsp sugar – 1 big package of lady fingers – Cocoa powder to garnish
– Whipped cream with icing sugar until hard peak add mascarpone and mix well.
– In a 20cm springform arrange lady fingers on the bottom of the tin, sprinkle with lots of coffee syrup.
– Top with mascarpone whipped cream mix. Repeat the whole process until the top of the sprinform tin.
– Set aside in the fridge for an hour.
– Take out from the fridge and open the springform carefully.
– Arrange the rest of lady fingers around the tiramisu and put a nice ribbon to hold everything in place.
– Garnish the top with cocoa powder.
– When I mean sprinle with lots of coffee syrup then I mean lots until soaked because you don’t want your lady fingers to be dry.
– If you are in a hurry you can set it aside on the freezer for 15 minutes.
– The original recipe calls of egg yolk but I omit this altogether since I’m not very confident in cooking with raw egg, however I’ve always made my tiramisu this way and I never felt that I’m missing on anything.
– If you live in a tropical climate like Indonesia then use non dairy whipped cream and add 1tsb powder gelatine to your whipped cream mix to stabilize your whipped cream.
Source : Natural Cooking Club