For more story about the recipe head over to my photo blog
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (625 ml)
– 2 tsp baking soda (10 ml)
– 1/4 tsp salt (1 ml)
– 1 cup canola oil (250 ml)
– 2 cups granulated sugar (500 ml) (I used 1.5 cups)
– 4 eggs
– 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large) (500 ml)
– 1 tsp vanilla (5 ml)
– 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (325 ml) (I used roughly chopped chocolate bar)
– 3/4 cup toasted walnuts (optional) 175 (ml) (I didn’t use this)
– Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
– Two 9- by 5-inch (2 L) metal loaf pans, lined with parchment or waxed paper, greased (I used one tulban pan)
– In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
– In a large bowl, using electric mixer beat oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla, beating well. Add flour mixture, beating just until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
– Spread batter in prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until a tester inserted into center of cakes comes out clean. Let cakes cool in pans on racks for 15 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely on racks.
Source : Book 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes by Julie Hasson via Ienas Tsuroiya