Many moons ago when I was still studying and living in Indonesia, I used to sell these brownies to earn some pocket money. That brownies was just a simple one without the cream cheese topping. The recipe of this brownies is a mix of many recipes which I modified to my taste and need. Now I share this recipe with you.
– 3 eggs
– 150gr sugar
– 125gr unsalted butter
– 250gr dark cooking chocolate
– 85gr all purpose flour
– 35gr chocolate powder
– 15gr milk powder (optional)
– 1/2tsp vanilla extract
– 1 pack (185gr) cream cheese
– 1 egg yellow
– turn the oven on 160c.
– mix cream cheese with egg yellow, set aside.
– melt butter and dark cooking chocolate in a double boiler.
– with hand whisker, combine egg and sugar just until they become thick.
– add flour, chocolate powder, milk powder, vanilla extract and butter and chocolate mixture.
– pour the batter into square baking tin that has been greased evenly.
– pour the cream cheese mixture and lightly mix the batter with fork.
– bake for approximately 30-40 minutes.
– to yield a moist brownies don’t overbake, take the brownies out of the oven even when there is still slightly batter stick to the cake tester.