Which kid can deny the taste of macaroni and cheese? Even adult can’t say no to this. But this one is a naughty twist to the traditional macaroni and cheese. Make them in batches and freeze.
– 75 gr elbow macaroni
– 1 tsp olive oil
– 2 butter/margarine
– 50 gr onion
– 100 gr smoked beef, chopped coarsely (I used minced beef)
– 50 gr all purpose flour
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1/4 tsp pepper
– 150 ml milk
– 75 gr cheddar cheese, grated (I used Gouda)
– Oil for frying
– (I added 50gr grated carrot)
– 50 gr flour
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– 50 gr bread crumbs
– Boil water in a pan, add olive oil, cook macaroni until al dente.
– Heat butter/margarine, fry onion until fragrant. Add smoked beef, flour, salt, pepper and sugar.
– Add milk, mix well. Add macaroni, grated carrot and cheese. Set aside.
– Take 1 tbsp dough (I weigh them at 25gr each) shape into balls. Continue until all dough has finished.
– Coat balls with flour, then egg and lastly bread crumbs.
– Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Source: Primarasa Masak Bersama Anak