Never have I found fried chicken recipe so good as this, the crisp is just like what you will find at the fried chicken fast food chain. Thick yet crispy coating and tasty too. Before this recipe I used to use instant flour mix, but now I can my own mixture, YAY. This one’s has become Kana’s favourite fried chicken. Thank you Onti R for the recipe.
– 2 chicken thigh fillets cut into strips
– vegetable oil for deep frying
Ingredients for dipping:
– 5 tbsp all purpose flour
– 2 tbsp maizena
– 1 gr baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1/2 tsp white pepper
– 1/4 tsp chayenne powder
Mix all dipping ingredients, add ice water (very important) just enough to make a thick consistency.
Ingredients for crispy coating:
– 10 tbsp all purpose flour
– 3 tbsp maizena
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp salt or more according to taste
– 1/2 tsp chicken powder, optional
Mix all coating ingredients in a shallow bowl.
– Dip the chicken strips in the dipping mixture until all surfaces are covered.
– Now dip the chicked strips for the second time in the crispy coating mixture. To ensure that you get a nice thick coating like what you will get at the fried chicken fast food chain, don’t forget to pinch the coating mixture into the chicken.
– Heat the oil until hot, fry chicken strips in batches until golden brown.
Source: Kedai Rachmah