When I have the time, I like to cook in batches and keep it in the freezer. This one for example tasty chicken nuggets. That way whenever Kana feels like nuggets, I can just quickly fry some for her.
I followed the ingredients of this recipe to a T and it turned out very well. But then again this recipe came from Primarasa book. A highly recommended recipe book. Their recipe never fails me and yet very easy to follow.
– 100 gr bread without crust
– 175 ml milk
– 2 tbsp butter
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 75 gr onion, minced
– 350 gr minced chicken
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp pepper
– 1.5 tsp salt
– Butter for smearing the baking pan
– Vegetable oil for frying
– 50 gr all purpose flour
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– 50 gr bread crumbs
– Soak bread in milk until tender, squeeze until fine, set aside.
– Heat butter, fry onion and garlic until fragrant, take out from fire. Add chicken, egg and seasonings mix well. Divide into 2 batches.
– Grease baking pan (I use 2, 20x20cm), pour dough in the pan, smoothen the side and surface.
– Steam for 15-20 minutes. (I don’t own a big steamer, so instead I bake my nuggets and on the bottom of the oven I put a oven proof dish with hot water to create similar steaming condition)
– When it’s done take it out from the pan and cut into your heart’s desire.
– Coat nugget with flour, then egg and lastly with bread crumbs. Set aside in the freezer for 1 hour.
– Fried with hot oil until golden brown.
– The rest of nuggets you can keep in the freezer for months.
Source: Primarasa Masak Bersama Anak